What tire sizes will this strap fit?
We haven't tested this on every tire size. These measurements should help you calculate if this tire strap will work for your application.
- All 3 straps are attached together with a heavy duty Delta Ring
- 18” on Arm with Sewn Eye (4”) and Wear Pad sewn in (where the long end goes through after going around backside top of tire) Strap A in drawing below
- 30” on Tail that attaches to a ratchet (options XL1, XL2 and XL3 adds 12") Strap B in drawing below
- 88” Long End which feeds into the Sewn Eye, and then attaches to a second ratchet. (options XL1 adds 12", option XL2 adds 24", Option XL3 adds 36") Strap C in drawing below
- 24" floating Cadura Sleeve for the long end, to protect strap behind the tire
- Use XL1 option for taller tires, and XL2, or XL3 option for taller and really wide tires
Factors affecting fit will be
- size of tire (a tire (not the wheel) that is 24" tall and is 8" wide, will leave about 35"-40" from the loop to reach the ratchet. A tire (not wheel size) that is 36" tall and 12" wide, will leave about 34" from the loop, to reach the ratchet)
- width of trailer
- method of attaching ratchet handle to side of trailer (e.g., is tail of ratchet wrapped around rub rail?)
- length of tail on ratchet handle
- how far away from tire are you hooking your ratchets?
Assuming that your ratchet handle center will be just below center of tire, you should have approx 8 to 12 inches of extra "tail" on truck and SUV tires.
If the tie-down points you are hooking your ratchets to are NOT close to the tire, then let us know; you may need an extra long version of this strap, especially if you are hauling Jeeps or other 4x4 vehicles.
Old SKU: SS-CT2DRATB-BLDW