What tire sizes will this strap fit?
We haven't tested this on every tire size. These measurements should help you calculate if this tire strap will work for your application.
- All 3 straps are attached together with a heavy duty Delta Ring
- 18” on Arm with Sewn Eye (4”) and Wear Pad sewn in (where the long end goes through after going around backside top of tire) Strap A in drawing below
- 30” on Tail that attaches to a ratchet (options XL1, XL2 and XL3 adds 12") Strap B in drawing below
- 88” Long End which feeds into the Sewn Eye, and then attaches to a second ratchet. (options XL1 adds 12", option XL2 adds 24", Option XL3 adds 36") Strap C in drawing below
- 24" floating Cadura Sleeve for the long end, to protect strap behind the tire
- Use XL1 option for taller tires, and XL2, or XL3 option for taller and really wide tires
- If you need REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long legs to keep the ratchets away from the car inside the trailer, or you just need long ends to reach far away rings in the floor, check out the XL4 (pictures below). Will give you two approx. 10 foot legs out to the ratchet!
Factors affecting fit will be
- size of tire (a tire (not the wheel) that is 24" tall and is 8" wide, will leave about 35"-40" from the loop to reach the ratchet. A tire (not wheel size) that is 36" tall and 12" wide, will leave about 34" from the loop, to reach the ratchet)
- width of trailer
- method of attaching ratchet handle to side of trailer (e.g., is tail of ratchet wrapped around rub rail?)
- length of tail on ratchet handle
- how far away from tire are you hooking your ratchets?
Assuming that your ratchet handle center will be just below center of tire, you should have approx 8 to 12 inches of extra "tail" on truck and SUV tires.
If the tie-down points you are hooking your ratchets to are NOT close to the tire, then let us know; you may need an extra long version of this strap, especially if you are hauling Jeeps or other 4x4 vehicles.
Old SKU: SS-CT2DRATB-BLDW