What tire sizes will this strap fit?
We haven't tested this on every tire size. These measurements should help you calculate if this tire strap will work for your application.
- All 3 straps are attached at a heavy duty Delta Ring
- 30” on Tail (part to go into a ratchet)
- 18” on Arm with Sewn Eye (4”) and Wear Pad sewn in (where the long end goes through after going around backside top of tire)
- 88” Long End which feeds into the Sewn Eye with floating 24” of Sleeve Material
- 30" Cadura Sleeve for the long end, to protect strap behind the tire
Factors affecting fit will be
- size of tire
- width of trailer
- method of attaching ratchet handle to side of trailer (e.g., is tail of ratchet wrapped around rub rail?)
- length of tail on ratchet handle
- how far away from tire are you hooking your ratchets?
Assuming that your ratchet handle center will be just below center of tire, you should have approx 8 to 12 inches of extra "tail" on truck and SUV tires.
If the tie-down points you are hooking your ratchets to are NOT close to the tire, then let us know; you may need an extra long version of this strap, especially if you are hauling Jeeps or other 4x4 vehicles.
Old SKU: SS-CT2DRATB-BLDW
04/07/16, We just found out that these with a top strap, are no longer approved for use at Railroad Terminals. One of our customers had approval (less than a couple months ago) for these in the past. However, now they will only approve straps that go over the tread, and hook into the deck!