What tire sizes will this strap fit?
We haven't tested this on every tire size. These measurements should help you calculate if this tire strap will work for your application. We price these without ratchets, because most of our customers usually have ratchet handles. If you need ratchet handles, please remember to buy two for each wheel, as this is a dual ratchet wheel strap. You can see your options in related products below.
- All 3 straps are attached together with a heavy duty Delta Ring.
- 18” on Arm with Sewn Eye (4”) and Wear Pad sewn in. (where the long end goes through after going around backside top of tire) Strap A in drawing below
- 30” on Tail that attaches to a ratchet. Strap B in drawing below
- 88” Long End which feeds into the Sewn Eye, and then attaches to a second ratchet. Strap C in drawing below
- 24" floating Cordura Sleeve for the long end, to protect strap behind the tire.
Factors affecting fit will be
- size of tire (a tire (not the wheel) that is 24" tall and is 8" wide, will leave about 35"-40" from the loop to reach the ratchet. A tire (not wheel size) that is 36" tall and 12" wide, will leave about 34" from the loop, to reach the ratchet)
- width of trailer
- method of attaching ratchet handle to side of trailer (e.g., is tail of ratchet wrapped around rub rail?)
- length of tail on ratchet handle
- how far away from tire are you hooking your ratchets?
Assuming that your ratchet handle center will be just below center of tire, you should have approx 8 to 12 inches of extra "tail" on truck and SUV tires.
If the tie-down points you are hooking your ratchets to are NOT close to the tire, then let us know; you may need an extra long version of this strap, especially if you are hauling Jeeps or other 4x4 vehicles.
Please see SKU: SS-CT2DRATB-DW, for color and size options.