Protective sleeve for inboard side of strap to prevent premature nicking and cutting. 12,000 lb strap material gives you a 3000 lb + safe WLL when used with 10K breaking strength ratchet handles. (sold separately... see related products)
What tire sizes will this strap fit?
We haven't tested this on every tire size. The tire shown in the picture came off a Toyota Camry, for purposes of scale. These measurements should help you calculate if this tire strap will work for your application.
- All 3 straps are attached at a heavy duty Delta Ring
- 30” on Tail (part to go into a ratchet)
- 18” on Arm with Sewn Eye (4”) and Wear Pad sewn in (where the long end goes through after going around backside top of tire)
- 88” Long End which feeds into the Sewn Eye with floating 24” of Sleeve Material
Factors affecting fit will be
- size of tire
- width of trailer
- method of attaching ratchet handle to side of trailer (e.g., is tail of ratchet wrapped around rub rail?)
- length of tail on ratchet handle
Assuming that your ratchet handle center will be just below center of tire, you should have approx 8 to 12 inches of extra "tail" on truck and SUV tires.
For other size options see here! (Custom orders only, takes up to three days to ship)
XL version adds 1ft to both ratchet tails, but keeps the center strap same length.
2XL for up to 44" Tires (custom order only) adds 12" to center strap, 12" to short ratchet tail, and 24" to the long ratchet tail.
Warning: One of our customers reported scuffing on the sidewall of his Jeep tire when using this system. (See additional photos.) We're not sure what caused this, but we recommend you protect the side wall of your tire if the strap comes into contact with it.