Stop point-loading hooks in your flippers!
These kits will allow you to set your hooks so the force of the load is held in the U-shaped valley of the hook where it belongs, not torquing on the point of the hook.
- Each kit includes 2 Aluminum Collars, 1 flip-up strap grabber 14" wide 4" high.
- These will only weld onto aluminum decking. If you need steel flippers, we have those too! AH-FLIP-5 or AH-FLIP-3
- Hole size is 1" + inside of point to inside of circle.
- Don't need paint unless you want to.
Good place to put these:
- On metal flippers... some people weld these to the absolute end of the fliper so they'll have a place to get a hook in properly.
- Over tandems
- Anywhere you can't get a hook in properly.
Look at the hinge portion. One solid piece of steel that has been rounded. Compare this to Cottrell, I think you'll like ours better! These are seriously heavy-duty. But, a word of caution: they're only as good as the weld-job you use to install them.
What if you need to attach them to aluminum?? We've got that covered with our AH-FLIP-AL-5
Or if you want to bolt them on?? To bolt on weld to 1/4" 2 inch flatbar (you provide!) and bolt through that.
If you're going to make your own bolt-on flat-bar, make sure you get some rubber inner tube material to insulate the steel and the aluminum. (aluminum and steel don't like to be bolted together... electron transfer between the metals corrodes)